These remarkable converted former farm cottage and barn are steeped in character, history, and charm. Rebuilt in 2012 and 2017 the two separate dwellings, The Artist's Cottage and The Artist's Barn have been sympathetically restored by renowned artist and painter Michael Yeomans. Using many of the original features, with thick stone walls and deep-set windows it has been modernised to an exacting standard and rebuilt on the previous footprint with local stone from the original buildings offering a rare chance to purchase such unique properties, with a mix of old-world charm with a contemporary twist. Located on a superb, extensive gated site on the edge of the stunning coastline line at Knockinelder Bay, three miles to the east of Portaferry, both properties have outstanding views across to Scotland, the Isle of Man and the Mountains of Mourne as well as breath-taking walks to the beach at Kearney and along the shore to Stinking Point.
The Artist's Cottage, a single storey dwelling comprises of entrance hallway with raised ceiling with skylight, splendid open plan lounge with dining area and dual aspect taking in both the stunning views of the gardens and countryside to the rear and fabulous sea views to the front, French doors lead out to the landscaped rear gardens, and is open to the spacious modern fitted kitchen and utility room. The property has three double bedrooms, master with ensuite and sea views and seperate contemporary family bathroom with freestanding bath.
Perfectly separated by cleverly thought-out pathways and lawns The Artist's Barn comprises of entrance hallway, outstanding open plan reception room with magnificent feature vaulted timber ceiling and spectacular views of all your surrounding enviroments, large modern fitted kitchen with casual dining and utility room. The master bedroom with ensuite, comes with both garden and sea views and the second bedroom with garden views. There is also a separate modern bathroom/wet room. The property also benefits from a sizeable loft conversion (subject to building control) with the possibility of two further double bedrooms. Set on beautifully manicured gardens, with gated driveway and views over the coastline, raised flower beds, vegetable garden as well as a large double garage/studio to the front, the properties have landscaped tiered gardens to the rear with stunning uninterrupted countrywide views, raised flowerbeds and paved covered patio area.For any prospective buyers looking for a slower pace of life in outstanding surroundings this will have great appeal, from those needing that extra space for independent elderly relatives, visiting family or maybe even a new business opportunity to live and work with an onsite holiday rental bringing in a very lucrative income, and with plenty of opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors, from sailing on the Lough, cycling and fishing, this is the perfect place to do it!
- Two Delightful Cottages Restored From Original Stone Built Around Landscaped Courtyard
- Set on Approx 0.5 acre Site
- Stunning Sea Views and of the Surrounding Countryside
- The Artist Cottage Three Double Bedrooms With Courtyard or Sea Views
- Entrance Hallway with Vaulted Ceiling
- Open Plan Living Area with Spectacular Sea Views and Country Views to Rear
- Master Bedroom with Ensuite and Sea Views
- Contemporary Bathroom with Freestanding Bath
- Modern Fitted Kitchen with Separate Utility Room
- The Artists Barn Currently Two Double Bedrooms
- Master with Ensuite and Sea view and Garden View
- Second Bedroom with Patio Doors to Sun Terrace Overlooking Landscaped Rear Gardens
- Outstanding Contemporary Open Plan Lounge with Timber Vaulted Ceiling and Superb Panoramic Views
- Modern Fitted Kitchen with Dining Area
- Utility Room
- Bathroom with Walk in Shower
- Outbuildings to Include Studio /Workshop
- Beam Vacuum System
- Underfloor Heating
Disclaimer: The following calculations act as a guide only, and are based on a typical repayment mortgage model. Financial decisions should not be made based on these calculations and accuracy is not guaranteed. Always seek professional advice before making any financial decisions.