This magnificent gentleman's residence is set in a prime location, full of character and charm both internally and externally and a wealth of period features with all rooms with original cornicing, ceiling rose, fireplaces and stain glass window's presenting a unique opportunity to purchase this well-known and iconic home as well as part of local history. Only short stroll from Portaferry town centre with a range of shops, coffee houses and Marina for all those sailing enthusiasts and local schools, the property is set on a large site approached by sweeping driveway with extensive gardens to front and side and private gardens to the rear with raised paved patio area. Internally the property comprises of entrance porch, large hallway both with original tiled flooring, impressive original hand carved staircase and wood panelled walls, large drawing room with bay windows and feature fireplace, lounge, again with bay windows and feature open fireplace, the original kitchen, with Aga, leads onto the new extended modern kitchen with built in appliances, vaulted ceiling and doors out to paved sun terrace as well as downstairs WC, store room and cloakroom. On the first floor are three double bedrooms, all with original fireplaces, front bedrooms both with bay windows and delightful views over to the Lough, large family bathroom with free standing bath and master bedroom with dressing room and suite. On the second floor are a further four large bedrooms the front rooms again with fabulous views over the surrounding area and lough. Externally the property has ample car parking for several cars, boats etc, garage and mature wraparound private enclosed gardens.
- Splendid Detached Period Gentleman's Residence
- Many Original Features Throughout.
- Convenient Location Close to Town Centre, Schools and Harbour
- Seven Double Bedrooms
- Master Bedroom with En suite and Dressing Room
- Front Bedrooms with Views over the Surrounding Area and Lough
- Drawing Room with Feature Original Fireplace
- Large Lounge Overlooking Gardens
- Original Kitchen with Aga Range
- Modern Extension with New Kitchen with Vaulted Ceilings.
- Bathroom with Freestanding Bath
- Downstairs Bathroom and Separate Cloakroom
- Extensive Gardens and Driveway to Side
- Re Wired Throughout
Disclaimer: The following calculations act as a guide only, and are based on a typical repayment mortgage model. Financial decisions should not be made based on these calculations and accuracy is not guaranteed. Always seek professional advice before making any financial decisions.